Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Association of Energy Services Professionals, (“AESP”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
I. Types of Data We Collect
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that enables AESP to identify or contact you (“Personal Data”) to carry out its business purposes. AESP Sites collect this information for a variety of business reasons, including but not limited to, applying for membership, registering for an AESP event or program, purchasing AESP products or services, accessing AESP content, receiving AESP communications, or otherwise interacting with AESP.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
- General data (e.g., names, company, home and business addresses, email addresses, Internet protocol addresses and mobile/landline business/personal telephone numbers that are provided by our members/non-members)
- Professional data (e.g., job title, area of expertise, company type, interests)
- Other identification information (e.g., photographs, videos)
- Financial information (e.g., credit and debit card numbers) necessary to process your payment for membership, purchases and event registration.
AESP also receives Personal Data from third parties for our marketing and communications. These sources may include: AESP Chapters and Topic Committees, AESP Partners, list rental companies, and other sources.
We collect information (whether online, by phone, or by paper) that does not directly identify you as you interact with our Sites (“Non-Personal Data”). The types of Non-Personal Data we collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Site usage (e.g., browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, time on Site)
- Products and services viewed, including advertisements for such products and services
- Computer type, operating system and platform type
- Internet service provider
- Your industry and business (e.g., company size and location, job functions and seniority levels)
II. How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data, sometimes combined with Non-Personal Data, in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below, in order to:
- Provide AESP newsletters and marketing communications on products, information and services that we think you may be interested in.
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, event registrations and customer service messages.
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information.
- Deliver and process surveys.
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you.
- Provide access to an online membership directory, to allow user-to-user connections.
- Publish event registration list in print and digital media 1) for marketing purposes 2) to allow AESP partners, and event Sponsors/Exhibitors to communicate with you.
- Identify you when you visit our Sites.
Data will never include credit card information or personal identification numbers.
We use Non-Personal Data to improve the usability of our Sites and for other business reasons. We may use your non-personal data for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, marketing and your experience.
We or other third-party companies also use the Non-Personal Data to provide advertisements and targeted advertisements to you (ads based on the Non-Personal Data). We do not provide Personal Data to third parties with whom we share your Non-Personal Data. Please note that, when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by the AESP, you may be subject to the privacy policies of these third-party sites.
III. How We Share Your Data
AESP does not sell or rent email addresses to anyone outside AESP. However we share your Personal Data (including your email address) in the following circumstances:
- AESP Chapters & Topic Committees — in order to conduct Chapter and Topic Committee outreach and activities.
- Third parties including AESP members (Member Directory), event sponsors, exhibitors or partners to contact you about products, services, news or events that may be of interest to you. The Privacy Policies of these third parties are separately from AESP’s. Users can request their information to be removed from third parties’ database by contacting the sender directly.
- Third parties to fulfill service requests and to perform AESP business functions e.g., AESP contracts with third parties for data hosting services; mail processing, consulting services, etc.
- Third parties as required by law or to protect AESP in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on AESP; (b) protect and defend AESP’s rights or property; or (c) protect the personal safety of AESP personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances.
- Third parties under other unanticipated situations, but only with your consent.
IV. How You Can Manage the Processing of Your Data
You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below. If you prefer to receive hard copy mailings only from AESP (or vice versa), you can contact us and request to have your profile marked “No USPS Mail” or “No Email.” For California residents, please consult the “California Privacy Rights” section for additional considerations.
Our processing of your data is based upon your consent, contract performance (e.g., your purchase of products or membership sign-up/renewal), legitimate business interest (e.g., direct marketing of goods and services), or compliance with law. You have the right to object to our processing of your data or to restrict our processing of your data. In addition, if you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
V. California Privacy Rights
VI. Canada Anti-Spam Law
AESP complies with the Canada Anti-Spam Law. Non-AESP members or associates who provide us a Canadian mailing address will not receive unauthorized Commercial Electronic Messages (as defined under the Canada Anti-Spam Law) unless these individuals have “opted-in” to receive Commercial Electronic Messages. To opt-in to receive AESP communications, please contact [email protected].
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 18
VIII. How We Protect Personal Data
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure. Accordingly, and despite our reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, AESP cannot guarantee or warrant the security of the Personal Data you transmit to us, or to or from our online Sites.
IX. User ID and Password
Your profile, user ID and password are confidential and for your sole use in communicating with and obtaining services from AESP. Please protect your AESP credentials carefully and do not share with others. Failure to do so cancels our responsibility to protect your data.
X. Linking to Other Internet Sites
XI. How You Can Access, Change and Delete Your Personal Data
XII. Cookies and Other Web Devices
XIII. Transmission of Data to Other Countries
Your Personal Data is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country and where the government, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access your data. By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data in the United States.
XIV. Right to Complain to Supervisory Authority
You, as the data subject, have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data does not comply with legal requirements.
XV. Breach Notification
In the event we determine the occurrence of a data security incident, we will notify you by email, US mail, telephone, or other means as permitted by law.
XVI. Contact Information
If you have questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices or if you wish to change, access, or remove your Personal Data, please contact us as indicated below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy related information.
Association of Energy Services Professionals
15215 S. 48th Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, AZ 85048
(480) 704 5900
Effective Date: August 16, 2019