Onsite Training Courses
At AESP, our mission is to nurture knowledgeable and skilled professionals in the energy field through providing top notch education. We believe that investing in training to equip professionals with the latest tools and knowledge, is the key to greater effectiveness and success, not just for your organization, but for the energy efficiency industry as a whole.
AESP offers a wide range of courses from an introduction to the energy industry, to demand-side management, marketing, evaluation, and much more. All our trainers are current practitioners in the field, who have a minimum of 10 years experience and have a passion for teaching.
Flexible Training Options
Provided at your facility, our trainers come to you. Your employees learn as a group and receive content that is customized for your organization. Combine two or more courses to create a curriculum that answers your organization’s unique needs.
Pre- and Post AESP Conference Training
A convenient and cost-effective option for you to obtain training while attending an AESP conference. Courses are offered in various cities throughout the year.
For more information about the AESP Institute or to schedule an onsite training, contact Kristi Hewitt at [email protected] or call (480) 704-5900.
Training Course Descriptions
Introduction to the Principles of Demand-side Management
- Suitable for those new to the industry. Learn how Demand-side Management investments translate into long-term resources.
- Discover best practices from industry experts for building and delivering effective Demand-side Management portfolios.
- Understand how to launch or realign your Demand-side Management initiatives.
Introduction to the Principles of Evaluation, Measurement and Verification
- Learn how to conduct baseline studies, develop effective data collection methods and perform sampling using the best strategy.
- Understand the importance of using logic models and how they can be applied to your programs.
- Discover the differences between process evaluations, impact evaluations and market transformation.
How to Build, Implement and Evaluate a Customer Engagement Program
- Learn how to build a consumer insight approach with research, data, and analytics
- Plan and execute effective, engaging and personalized communications, including how to map the customer journey and touch points.
- Select the right key performance indicators to measure performance
- Plan and implement for optimum tracking, reporting and evaluability
- Organize companies and teams to support programs.
Certificate of Excellence in DSM Program Management
Get a clear advantage to excel as a Demand-side Management professional through AESP’s certificate program. Upon completion of 6 courses and a capstone project, you will be awarded a Certificate of Excellence in DSM Program Management. The certificate provides assurance to employers and clients of your knowledge of the energy industry, and your capabilities as a program manager. In this cohort-based program, you complete the program together with a group of peers, thereby also building your network of connections. (Courses may also be taken separately; however certificate will not be awarded unless all 6 courses and Capstone are completed together.) For 0-5 years. Offered in selected cities throughout the year.
Full knowledge of the energy industry – the fundamentals, future direction and more
Mastery of the skills to successfully manage DSM Programs
Assurance for employers and clients of your expertise
Certificate of Excellence - Foundations of Impact Evaluation
This course is specifically designed with new evaluation staff in mind, if you have less than 3 years’ experience in the energy industry. The Foundations of Impact Evaluation Certificate course covers the basics of the energy industry and demand-side management industry, before diving into the principles of program impact evaluation. In this cohort-based program, participants enroll at the same time as their peers and experience the learning journey together (communicating via an online discussion board and eventually meeting in person), culminating in a final project which they complete as a team. To earn the certificate you must complete both courses and the group project.
DSM Program Manager Workshop (for Utilities only)
- You will learn everything you need to know in order to research, plan, design, launch, market, evaluate and report on a DSM program.
- Workshop modules include: Needs assessment, Program Launch and Implementation, EM&V, Reporting, and much more!
Strategic Marketing of your Energy Efficiency Programs
- Know how to set realistic program goals, establish metrics and perform market research.
- Learn how to identify and market to residential, low-income and C&I target markets.
- Determine how to use online media and social media to benefit your programs and build your company’s brand.
Leadership Training for Exceptional Team Performance
Through key leadership models, practical exercises, and real life applications, attendees will become more self aware of their natural leadership preferences and styles.
Learn how to better communicate with and motivate employees, and how to develop the skills and techniques essential to creating, inspiring and leading exceptional teams.
Critical Thinking - Enhance your Skills for Decision-making, Leadership and Communications
- Key areas of focus include learning, bias, reasoning, questioning, fallacy, the process of critical thinking and intellectual growth.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments. Courses must be completed within the 90 day access limit, if they are not completed within 90 days AESP will not be permitted to issue CEUs per IACET standards.
AESP is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). AESP complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, AESP is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. AESP instructors disclose in advance that they have no interest in any product, service, or material discussed during the course. This information is stated orally and in the training course handbook.