- This event has passed.
August 2 @ 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT$395
MemberTo register with Group Member Points, email [email protected]
Awards 0.4 CEUs / 4 PDHs
Attendees must earn a 70% or higher on the final course test in order to receive CEUs.
AESP is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). AESP complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, AESP is authorized to issue the IACET CEU. AESP instructors disclose in advance that they have no interest in any product, service, or material discussed during the course. This information is stated orally and in the training course handbook.
This class will focus on the basics of Wholesale Market operations and products. As each ISO and RTO is different, students will get a high-level understanding of market concepts that can be interpreted for their individual scenarios as applicable. As FERC Order 2222 begins to open regional markets for DER participation, all energy participants from regulated utilities to third-party service providers need to understand the impacts and the opportunities provided by these markets and proposed changes. This class will focus on an understanding of how wholesale markets were created, the products and services they provide and offer and how that can impact retail and customer offerings.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Identify FERC Orders creating and implementing Wholesale Market Operations in ISO/RTOs and explain how those markets impact retail transactions and programs.
- Explain how ISO/RTO markets operate in both the Day Ahead and Real Time markets.
- Describe how markets optimize generation and provide benefits to customers through low energy costs.
- Identify losses and constraints and explain how markets optimize the system for these issues.
- Explain how DERs or retail programs can operate in and monetize these products for customer benefit.
Sr. Consultant, TRC Companies
Senior Consultant at TRC Companies in the Digital Grid Solutions group. Focus on implementation of Distributed Energy Resources.
Previous experience in Demand Response, Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency programs, Corporate Strategy, Regulatory and Marketing within regulated electric utilities.
Specialties: Corporate Strategy, Energy Efficiency, Demand Response, Program Management, Regulatory Pricing, Smart Grid / Smart Home Program Development and Deployment, DOE Grant Compliance