- This event has passed.
AESP Webinar: – Learning to Sell Efficiency and Demand Management More Effectively
09/15/2022 @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
This fast-paced webinar will introduce the new partnership between AESP Institute and Selling Energy, an award-winning energy-solutions-focused sales training firm that has helped more than 100 North American utilities attain their program goals over the last 12 years.
Capturing and retaining the customer’s attention and being genuinely persuasive when advancing energy solutions are vital prerequisites for a successful utility program. Unfortunately, most utility staff, program implementers, and even many trade allies are “accidental salespeople” who never received professional sales training. As a result, utilities wind up “promoting” energy solutions rather than “selling” them and depend heavily on rebates and incentives to reach program goals. Professional selling skills make you more successful at advancing energy programs regardless of your job title or role. Program design, marketing, outreach, and customer service staff can all benefit from learning how to “sell” energy solutions more effectively.
This webinar will give actionable highlights excerpted from Selling Energy’s award-winning sales training. We will touch on the following topics and more…
- How to reframe the benefits of a proposed energy solution so that they can be measured with market segment-specific yardsticks your customers use to measure their own success.
- How to migrate the discussion from “simple payback period” and “rebates” to other financial variables that more effectively demonstrate the merits of expense-reducing investments.
- How to help customers visualize projected energy savings in the context of their day-to-day operations to make the benefits more compelling.
- How to reframe the “cost of waiting” more persuasively than simply citing the utility savings lost for each month they don’t move forward.
- How to cross-sell and up-serve your customers to encourage the adoption of multiple measures.
- How to better leverage trade allies, 3rd- party outreach vendors, and your own key account reps to identify the most promising customers to target for each of your program offerings.
President, Selling Energy
Mark Jewell is a Wall Street Journal best-selling author and two-time Stevie Award winner for Sales Training or Education Leader of the Year. His company, Selling Energy, has appeared on Selling Power magazine’s list of Top 20 Sales Training Firms. Mark has worked in the energy industry for the past 28 years and has influenced decision-making across more than three billion square feet of buildings. He has trained over 11,000 energy professionals how to sell their offerings more effectively. Mark received his Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.